Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recycling

Alright, so between packing and working, my little blog that couldn't is being woefully neglected. I still have two posts that I started, but for lack of time and focus, have not been finished.

For shame.

So, I'm going back a couple of weeks and revisiting things that bring us joy. My Dad (now a full 3 months since his last chemo treatment and apparently regrowing nose hair) added his this weekend and I thought they were the perfect way to start the week.

So...without further ado...my Dad's joy.

1. Easing into my bed at the end of the day ... slowly settling back into my memory foam pillows (yes, more than one)and feeling the day's crap oozing out of the soles of my feet.

2. Watching my client experiencing that crucial "AHA!" moment after a flawless intervention.

3. If you have a box of Merlot ... move over on the sofa.

4. The missus coming home after a day in the salt mines. Nothing like comparing notes on the latest symptoms of serious mental disease in the corporate cesspool.

5. The first three continuous swigs of Guiness. When you can breathe again even the in rush of air tastes bitter. Somehow I then have an urge to read half a page from any Mave Binchey book.

6. Gassing with my offspring on the phone ... figurtatively... oh, what the hell ... and literally. It is a family gift.

7. Those realtively rare phone discussions with Brian in Toronto, Kems in New Zealand and, Els in Holland.

8. A braai with my in-law brothers and sisters. I savour (savor?) it most when I've found their stash of GOOD booze.

9. A nap with a dog next to me.

10. The end of a flight on American Airlines. Their motto ... "we'll get you there but we don't care if you enjoy it."

Now about that Guiness ...

... my compass points ...


New post tomorrow...I promise! With pictures!

No comments: