Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In Brief

We're here...we're here! A week ago today we picked Mom and Dad up from the airport in Buffalo, and we've had 7 solid days of run-and-relax since then. The kids have had activities each evening, and the weekend was filled with the errands that keep life running smoothly. So today has been the first opportunity to stay in sweat pants and post something (anything!) to the blog.


We are having a great time together. The 'rents look great and don't seem to mind what must be a giant leap from the quiet of their apartment into the chaos of my house. If meals around my kitchen table hasn't scrambled their brains yet, I don't think anything will! There is no shortage of noise and mischief around these parts and I think they, too, have come to appreciate BEDTIME!


The weather has been iffy all week, so we've not had a chance to take many pictures (and Mom doesn't want any pictures taken of her until she gets her hair cut tomorrow...and I don't want any pictures taken of me until I get liposuction, which leaves Steve and Dad...pictures of them to follow shortly), but we did get a few of the kids carving their pumpkins yesterday.



Pumpkin carving is messy business, but as they get older they are able to do much of it on their own. Libby was determined to it ALL by herself, and Maggie was equally determined to have ME do it all by myself! And Jack was going for the speed record...carve, carve, scoop, scoop, light the candle. Done.

As you can see from this picture, the leaves are just gorgeous right now. The change of color is probably slightly passed peak, but the last of the maples look like they're on fire. Today is so sunny and crisp, and we will be sure to get out for some pictures again (and who knows...perhaps we'll have TWO posts in one week!).

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mart! I think we must have been writing at the same time. My long overdue holiday story (long being the operative word) is now published. And I'm late, so have to run.

Your rug rats are GORGEOUS!

Bird said...

It's time for mom and dad to come home now. Buddy (or Old Stinky as I like to call him) misses his parents. I won't prechew his food for him.

Anonymous said...

Well, we miss Sheila's parents too. We've decided that she is Emma all over again. Pushy, food driven broad. So far she's eaten a kitchen rug and towel! Stay tuned...