Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It speaks to Maggie

So I was putting laundry away (if you've read from the beginning, you know that putting laundry away sucks the very life out of me) and Libby's was first. I put her things away, leaving a pair of pajamas on her bed for her to put on. On my way to Maggie's room, where I planned to repeat the process, I yelled down the stairs to Libby to come up and get changed.

This is the conversation that followed.

Me: "Libby, come up to your room and put your pajamas on."

Libby: "What about Maggie? Why doesn't she have to put her pajamas on yet?"

Me: "Uh. Ok. Maggie come upstairs and put your pajamas on."

Maggie: "WHAT?"

Maggie: "What do you need, Mommy?"

Me: "I need you to come upstairs and put your pajamas on."

Maggie: "JACK! MOMMY WANTS YOU TO PUT YOUR PAJAMAS ON!"

And that, my friends, is Maggie in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foresooth! Methinks the girl doth sound like her mother as a wee maiden! Very neat in her organisation.

Bird said...

I wonder where she learned to do that?!? M-O-M-M-Y.

Martine said...

Yes, (whistling, shifting eyes from side to side). I wonder (clears throat). Does it sound familiar, BRIGHID?