Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Postage Budget

This will not be my last post before Christmas....didn't haul the crew to get pictures taken with Santa yesterday NOT to post a Santa retrospective...but had a small revelation this morning.

Wow!

I've got a lot of nerve.

A big set.

Complaining bitterly about the lack of Christmas cards when sitting not two feet from me is a giant envelope filled with my overseas cards. They are addressed and licked shut. And sitting in a giant envelope. That's because I bought several books of stamps to send them in the first week of December, but forgot to weigh the cards before calculating how many stamps each would need. Before I left the post office I weighed one and after pushing my eyeballs back in their sockets ($.95 for EACH...I had over 20), I told myself I'd bring them back to be metered, thus saving the stamps (and extra postage) for the eighty plus cards I was sending State side.

Yes, a very well thought out plan...with very poor execution.

So, without further ado, to my friends and family in South Africa, New Zealand, Canada and Holland....my 2008 Christmas card.

The front:

The back:

Merry Christmas and may the blessings of 2009 be bountiful!

6 comments:

Bird said...

Wow! BUSTED!!

So does that mean I, ME, BRIGHID - am the ONLY person from US-of-A that sent Christmas cards this year!?!

To steal a line from "The Gods Must Be Crazy"... That was very sweet of me.

Martine said...

Show off.

Bird said...

I'm sorry, what was that?
I didn't hear what you said as I was so busy patting myself on the back and doing victory laps around the living room.

The Butterfly said...

The butterfly is also so busted! I promise next year will be more organised.(I have actually said that for a lot of years) Mart I am mailing your cards today so look for them soon after Christmas! Remember it's only a card where as I don't have to mail all my love to my favorite Webster family. Brighid, there is no end to your talents in the pre- Christmas time. I'll try to copy you in future, or maybe you need to tell me when to get things done.You are my favorite Brown family!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm.... Bah hum bug! To borrow another line from The Gods must be Crazy, "don't ask". I thought I could, I thought I would by Christmas cards, but chose to blow it out my butt instead. That required so much less effort. I know. I suck. I feel bad about it! Oooops, over it. Great job Mart for yet another masterful display of "the perfect mom/wife/house person thingy". You are starting to get under my skin, just a bit. I have informed NORAD that a satellite is to be aimed in your direction 24 hours a day, and if you so much as break wind, I will tattoo your fall from grace on the world wide web. Oh, Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thank God that modesty was never considered a virtue in either family.

What are you going to do with the giant envelope full of cards? Any way you could re-brand them with Happy Birthday and use them up that way? Or claim their cost as part of the damage to the van?