Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Feel The Love...

...from all six of you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your gracious compliments about my new do...even if I kinda begged for them. I still like the cut, but that usually only lasts a few days. Then I'll start to get irritated with having to blow dry it everyday and grow it out.

That's how I roll.

I also appreciate your kinds words about the house. I am almost embarrassed about my inability to go with the flow on this one. I'm still stressed, although relieved to have the offer done with (mostly...we expect them to accept our offer this morning and our attorney will review it by the weekend).

I am determined to relax until after Christmas and to focus only on the things I can accomplish (like wrapping presents...oh my God...).

Yesterday during another small freak out, I decided to call Amazon and find out where my 5 shipments are (FIVE, for TWO separate orders). The customers service girl was friendly enough and our conversation started out with the civility you'd expect from someone like myself.

Someone one the verge of a nervous breakdown who needs to wrap her fucking presents!

She went through all the possible reasons why my packages haven't shipped.

Clickety, clickety, clack on the keyboard...a few moments of silence.

"I think there's a payment problem. Oh. No. Not a payment problem."

Clickety, clickety.

"I think some of your items may be out of stock. Oh. No. Everything is in stock."

Clickety, clickety.

"I think perhaps you entered the wrong shipping method. Oh. No. You didn't."

Clickety, clickety.

"Wait...oh yes, here it is. I see what's holding up your TWO separate orders in FIVE separate shipments. It seems that we pulled an item from our stock that didn't meet our standards. You know, a torn box or something like that. We pride ourselves for the highest level of customer service...and, what did you say?"

"No, no, I can't guarantee delivery by Monday. Yes, yes, I know we guaranteed it by the 19th, but that's before we found something that didn't meet our standards...no, I underst...."

"Ummm, no...I suppose on time delivery and keeping the magic of Santa alive might be more important than a torn box, but ummmm..."

"Mrs. Martine, please stop shouting at me."

"Mrs. Martine? Hello?"

***---***---***---***---***

I just checked my Amazon account. All but one of my shipments says it shipped on the 20th, and will arrive on the 20th. What?!

Either it's a Christmas miracle or she's messing with me.

1 comment:

Bird said...

I beg you, PLEASE SEEK HELP. I don't think you're going to make it through this Christmas without hurting someone. I hope Steve has all his weapons locked up, including that bow and arrow thingy. I don't even think you should be behind the wheel either, I know how you drive.

Your present drama (none wrapped). I have the answer! Are you ready for this, because it's friggin' GENIUS! Sit down...drum roll please....

MAKE YOUR CHILDREN WRAP EACH OTHERS PRESENTS!!

Man, if only Wilson had opposable thumbs I'd have him wrapping til his paws bled.

Love,
Your sis.