Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bon voyage! I'm off on my guilt trip!

By the time most of you read this, I will be somewhere between home and a nice, welcoming hotel room somewhere in New Jersey. I will more than likely be squashed between the girls' booster seats in an effort to separate them, and I will probably be trying to sneak some wine from the box-o-Merlot.

Anyway, this is the pile of crap I've managed to amass for our Jersey shore trip. Sick, isn't it? But...that's not the reason I posted it. Do you see him?
How about now?
Isn't that so sad? Like he's trying to stow away and is hoping no one can see him? Kinda tugs at your heartstrings, doesn't it? Almost kills me with the guilt.

Actually. No. It doesn't.

He'll be fine. He'll have my father-in-law wrapped around his little finger and taking him for walks on a daily basis. My mother-in-law will pretend like she doesn't care for him...and will cook him some tidbits when no one is looking (she already bought him a new food dish).

He will survive.

And I will drink margaritas on the beach in his honor.

So, until the beginning of August, I bid you farewell. I hope that you see some new posts here while I'm gone and leave lots of comments for the new writers!

3 comments:

Pieter said...

Hmm ... best shot of a Dachshund yet.

Anonymous said...

It's a shot Dachshund!

Bird said...

Nice piece of ass!