Saturday, July 19, 2008

For the love of God, someone please buy me a brand, spankin' new camera

Katy is up visiting with her Nan (Tami's mom) for about 3 weeks and between my busy schedule and her camp schedule, we've not had as much time together as I would like. BUT...we've made good use of our time! The couple across the street from us owns their own party rental supply company. They rent tents, chairs, tables, linens...everything you'd need for a party. Including inflatable bounce houses, etc. This morning, in the driveway, in mantalk, the husband made sure Steve knew that they were having their company party, which included a GIANT water slide and that our little urchins would be welcome to slide as they wished. He (Steve) mentioned it to me, but I thought it would seem a bit awkward to have the four of them scamper across the street and have at it...in the middle of their party. So I didn't make a big deal of it. Well, let me tell you, the second that slide took it's first breath, they knew. It was like kiddie crack.

"Mommy, can we pleeasaaseee go on the slide? Oh, Moooommmmmmmy".Well....

Of course we did. Four against one. I didn't stand a chance.They had a blast!!! And I took a whole buncha pictures. Dozens! Live action shots, mid-slide grimaces, splash landings and lots of big, cheesy grins. And about a third of them came out. Damn camera!!

I need a new camera. One that will take pictures using a flash, when I need a flash. That will take pictures when I click the fucking button, not a split second later. One that may even take 2 or 3 pictures, right after each other. Bam, bam, bam.

A lightening fast auto focus wouldn't kill me either.

Is that so much to ask?

Okay, just for their grandparents. Jack, Libby, Maggie and Katy. Party crashers. Blurry and all.Aren't they just beautiful?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids but whatever...Why weren't you on that slide??? It looks freakin awesome!!! We're heading to Adventure Island in a couple of weeks and I will be going on my first waterslide, yup, never went to a waterpark before, this should be good.
You're neighbors seem like a lovely bunch, waterslides and plenty of wine. This is why "Webster--where life is worth living". We're a fun and hammered community.
Oh and holy crow Katy looks like Tami!!! These kids just grow up way too fast.

Martine said...

Had that water slide been in my backyard, hooked up to the hot water tap, I MIGHT have been on it. But 60 degree water...um, no.

You will be hooked after you've been to the water park. The absolute best way to spend a hot day! Have fun (and be ready to post pictures here).

Pieter said...

Ye gods and little fishes! What fine descendants! Was there ever a brood more beauteous?

Pieter said...

Oh, and what magnificent photography!

Martine said...

Thanks, Dad! That doesn't mean I won't stop hinting for a fancy camera!
ILY